Monday 10 March 2014

Digital Imaging Software. MOD003232. 10/03/2014

Digital Imaging Software
MOD003232
10/03/2014
9:00-12:00am

In today's lesson I was still adding items to the DVD cover and putting it together. I created the logo today and placed it on the DVD cover. I found the Prada logo online and then opened it in a separate Photoshop file. I then re-sized the image to the desired size and I then placed the image on the canvas. I then added a layer mask for the logo layer and used the Magic Wand Tool to change the background to a clear background so that the Prada logo was just visible with no background. I then saved this image as a .PNG and then added this file to the DVD cover file.


When the logo was added onto the DVD cover I then placed the file on the front of the DVD cover. I placed this in the middle of the cover and made it quite large as this is an important part of the cover and should be prioritised. I then changed the opacity of this title so that it blended into the cover slightly. 

I then found an image of 5 stars and added this in a separate file on Photoshop and created a layer mask and then selected the white background with the Magic Wand tool and erased it. I then saved this file as a .PNG and added it onto my DVD front cover. I placed this underneath the title as after analysing other DVD cover's I believe that this was the best place to put it on the front cover and also the most visible area to add it to.

I chose the stars to be in black colour because this stands out well against the lighter background and is well visible.


No comments:

Post a Comment